I love Tuesdays. I know, sounds weird, but there it is.
1. I especially enjoy the Tuesdays that follow a three-day weekend. Although I enjoy holidays as much as the next person, I’m basically a social animal. I like to have people around, and the ranch hands are back. Also, after a mail-less holiday Monday, I get packages, magazines, sometimes even a good old-fashioned personal letter.
2. Tuesday is New-Book Day. And oh how I love new books! After all these years, it still gives me a thrill to log on to Audible.com or browse in a book store, checking out the latest offerings from favorite authors and the ones I hadn’t discovered yet. I read fiction, nonfiction, anything that catches my interest. (Being a Gemini, I am interested in just about everything.)
3. I rarely have appointments on Tuesdays. I love days when I can stay home with my dogs, cats and the people who populate the stories I write.
4. Tuesdays are Careful-Eating Days. (Wednesday, alas, is Weight Watchers.) So I’m more mindful about what I eat, knowing I’m going to have to step on that scale the next day. Now, to carry that over into the other six days of the week.
5. Tuesdays are quiet days. Normal Mondays around here are a little hectic, but by Tuesday, things settle down a bit, and I can concentrate and do what I love best: write stories.